turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filled out 1099-misc but does not need schedule c. How can I double click schedule c its not working

I entered 10-99 Misc and program keeps telling me to complete schedule C. Page states double click schedule c but it does not respond.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Filled out 1099-misc but does not need schedule c. How can I double click schedule c its not working

What was the 1099 for and what box is the $$ in?

Electrical Engineering Contract and the money is in Box 7
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

That is self-employment - the income goes on Sched C.  

If you were paid as an independent contractor and issued a 1099MISC, rather than as an employee and issued a  W2, IRS considers you to be  self employed for tax purposes
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

so what do I enter into the box? there is no selection allowed
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

It is probably easier if you just delete that entry and enter the 1099-Misc onto the Schedule C, which you do not have set up yet.  Delete that 1099, and then set up your Schedule C.  Then add the 1099 as business income.  It looks like you are in TurboTax Home and Biz, so you are where you need to be.  

At the top of your return, click on Business, Continue, then I'll choose what I work on.  Click Start next to Business Income and Expenses.  Go through and set-up your Schedule C Profile and once finished, you can add your 1099 income and any expenses you have for that work.  

You are self-employed so the business will be in your name and address.  Here is some information you may find useful when reporting your self-employment income and expenses.  

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/beginners-tax-guide-for-the-self-employed...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies