willp326

It is over 8 weeeks since I mail my returns by mail and I have no return or information. I did it with w7form. Why it takes so long

I send my wife birth certificates and her identification both original. Four weeks ago . But I mail my taxes and they receive it on 1:31/2019 

KarenJ

According to the instructions for Form W-7, processing times: Allow 7 weeks for the IRS to notify you of your ITIN application status (9 to 11 weeks if you submit the application during peak processing periods (January 15 through April 30) or if you’re filing from overseas). If you haven’t received your ITIN or correspondence at the end of that time, you can call the IRS to find out the status of your application

Telephone help. If, after reading these instructions and our free publications, you’re not sure how to complete your application or have additional questions, call 800-829-1040 if you’re in the United States. If you’re outside the United States, call 267-941-1000 (not a toll-free number) for assistance.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf