Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online->Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

I filed the question that started this thread, so I thought it might be worth letting others know that Intuit has contacted me to ask for various log files in order to diagnose and resolve the problem.  Like others in this thread I gave up on e-filing my state return, so any fix will be too late for me, but there is at least some indication that Intuit is aware of the problem and has someone working on it.  If your filing deadline is not until 4/15, it's possible there will be a fix for you.
jpalatinus
Returning Member

TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online->Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

I submitted my log files as well, i know it may be a long shot but i am waiting to hear from turbotax about a fix.  On the plus side i was able to talk to my retailer and they will refund the purchase price of turbotax business for this problem. I suppose thats all you can ask for.   
hha4444

Sorry Stephen I may not read your message thoroughly. I may mail my CA. return this week like the others.

Intuit has sent me an email telling me there is an update available that fixes the problem.  Since I've already filed my state taxes by paper I cannot verify that the fix works, but anyone who is still waiting to e-file their state return might try looking for and applying the latest updates, then letting others know if it worked.
jnyanesh

I just successfully filed both my Federal and CA-State 2018 business returns. I am not sure about Texas but that should also have been resolved.
hha4444

Thanks All. I was able to efile the CA 1120 form now. I’ve been used Turbo tax since 2005. This is the first time I had this issue.

But I learned something from this community. I’ll post the issue here as soon as possible. That will be more helpful. Thanks again.
akdurai

This fix comes too late, after several of us are forced to paper file state returns. Will Intuit refund sate (CA) e-filing fee that they Charged? Will Amazon Digital down load refund the money? Let's see where the  Corporate Ethics is...
jpalatinus
Returning Member

Both target and staples said they would refund after i called them and explained the problem
qingsong

Thanks all for your persistence. Finally this issue got fixed. I have efiled CA now.

I've been fighting this issue for days now. I can't e-file CA. What did you guys do to get this fixed?

I've worked with 6 customer support agents and they are clueless!!!

The ANSWER below does not provide an answer.
jpalatinus
Returning Member

It is fixed. Just restart turbotax and update, it works now i d9 feel bad for the people that needed to file by 3/15.

I originally complained from CA.  I printed out the State to file as other but since I already missed the 3/15/19 deadline, I didn't mail them.  So happens I am a C-corp so had till 4/15/19 and just launched the software and did the update.  It worked, happy but sad this was an issue and the crazy stress involved for the hours leading up to midnight on 3/15/19.  Thank you to everyone who complained.
dwhodson
Returning Member

I am having the dame issue with my Federal and Michigan returns.  When is this going to be fixed????
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies