TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online->Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

I have downloaded and installed TurboTax Business 2018 multiple times. I do a Windows uninstall before re-downloading and re-installing.

Each time TurboTax is installed, it tells me that updates are available.  The updates download and install normally.

When I try to e-file, I get a dialog box that says updates are available and must be applied before I can e-file.  When I check for updates, none are available.

I have also tried a manual download of updates (w_bizrelsuperpatch_ttax).  The manual update appears to complete normally, and requires a Windows restart, but I still get a dialog box telling me updates are available and must be applied before I can e-file.

How do I resolve this?  I'm running a new install of Windows 10.

I had the same problem and tried same solutions.  Spent 2 hrs with tech support, re-installing everything, but they couldn't fix.  I was able to E-file after removing the State return (select Only file federal return).  Had to file the State return on paper.    My best guess is that the filing portion of the code detects the State Return is out of date, but the manual update portion of the code only updates the Federal Return.  Hope Intuit is listening...

Many thanks for responding!  De-selecting the California state return from e-filing did indeed make it possible to e-file the federal return.  The state return still produces a dialog box that says updates are available and must be applied before I can e-file, so it may be necessary to file by paper.

I am impressed (and grateful) that someone in the community chose to respond, but I am totally unimpressed with Intuit support.  There is clearly an issue with the software; telling users to talk among themselves to figure out a workaround is unacceptable.

I am facing same problem. E-File did not work, asks to update software.  Deselected CA State return and filed only federal return. It went thru. Plan to file the State return on paper.  Intuit is not helpful. I paid $54 for state filing but now I am forced to send paper  returns. What to say...

Agreed - same BS for me - This is a corp form.  Did not have this problem with an LLC return.  Also not impressed with their support - I hate companies that try to use their users to do their support job for them.

What the heck?  they have a huge bug that wouldn't let us efile state and there's no response and no where to turn?

Is it possible to uncheck the answer above? I suspect Intuit customer support might think this is no longer a problem.

Still a problem, unable to file CA state return, WTF Intuit ….

We found this FAQ.  Don't know if it's only for personal versions or the Business program too.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899465-there-is-an-update-available-message-when-attempting-to-e-...>

TurboTax Business tells me I must apply an update in order to e-file. Online-&gt;Check for Updates says no updates available. Re-install did not help. How I do resolve this?

I tried everything recommended by Intuit in the above-referenced post multiple times before giving up and printing the California return.  I'd love to know if the instructions worked for anyone else.