Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aE
Level 3

IT-360.1 TP: Line 1b is greater than the amount of Wage income allocated to New York State on IT-203. Edit amounts on the Part-Year Resident/Nonresident Allocation Worksheet or City Wage/Self-Employment Income Allocation Worksheet as needed.

Turbo is giving me this error which is odd since TT should have transferred it over right? For context, I moved from NY to CT on 4/1/2023 and and am now a resident of CT.

Worse of all, I can't access IT-203 from Turbo at all so can't adjust even if I knew how!

Here is the error if it's hard to read in the subject:

"IT-360.1 TP: Line 1b is greater than the amount of Wage income allocated to New York State on IT-203. Edit amounts on the Part-Year Resident/Nonresident Allocation Worksheet or City Wage/Self-Employment Income Allocation Worksheet as needed."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

IT-360.1 TP: Line 1b is greater than the amount of Wage income allocated to New York State on IT-203. Edit amounts on the Part-Year Resident/Nonresident Allocation Worksheet or City Wage/Self-Employment Income Allocation Worksheet as needed.

No. These numbers are customer entered as allocations on part-year returns.  You don't need to access the forms, you can adjust allocated wage amounts in the step-by-step interview.  As the notice reads, you can't allocate a wage amount to NYC that is higher than the amount you allocated to NY state.  You will need to go back through your NY state interview.  You can "Update" the NY income allocation and/or the "NYC and Yonkers" information as applicable to ensure the city wage does not exceed the state wage.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aE
Level 3

Thanks. @DMarkM1 , can you guide me where to focus? I've tripled checked both the state interview and the federal W-2 and they are all correct. And the numbers even in 1A don't tie to anything I entered into the interview so TT is making some sort of allocation which I suspect is the problem, I just don't know where to find it.

Any guidance where you would look would be helpful.

Thank you in advance. 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

It may be easier if you would send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information; that would help tremendously.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions: 

TurboTax Online:

Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools. 

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools.
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent.
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number and your state. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.

TurboTax CD/Download:

If you like, you can send a copy of your return that will be scrubbed to eliminate your personal data by using these steps:

1. Click on Online in the top left menu of TurboTax CD/Download for Windows
  2. Select 'Send Tax File to Agent'
  3. Write down or send an image of your token number and state then place in this issue.
  4. We can then review your exact scenario for a solution.
  5. Please also tell us any states included in the return. This is necessary for us to view the return.

We will then be able to see exactly what you are seeing and we can determine what exactly is going on in your return and provide you with a resolution. You can @DMarkM1 so that I am notified. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies