Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Issues finding where to enter Form 8911 (Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Credit)

This past year I installed an EV charger at my residence which qualifies for the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit (30% of project cost up to $1000). When entering my tax information into Turbotax online, I cannot find the corresponding section for this credit within the tax credit section. A quick search online does not list that Turbotax doesn't support form 89111, so I feel like I should be able to enter this information.

Can anyone provide assistance with how to enter this info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Issues finding where to enter Form 8911 (Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Credit)

For an energy-efficient vehicle tax credit

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home & Business)
Click on Deductions and Credits
Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
Scroll down to Cars and Other Things You Own
On Energy-Efficient Vehicle Charging Station, click the start or update button

Or enter energy efficient vehicle in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to energy efficient vehicle

Thanks for the reply, but this unfortunately did not resolve the issue. It only allows me to enter the purchase of a new EV, whereas I need to enter information about an EV charger installed under the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit (Form 8911). When I search "Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit", nothing about EV chargers shows up.

Any other recommendations? Per the TurboTax support page, Form 8911 should be supported. 

@kingofzacks Have you updated your 2023 TurboTax desktop edition software to the latest release?

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates

The TurboTax software is updated to support a Form 8911 for tax year 2023.  Use the procedure to access the EV Charging Station previously posted.  After you click on the Start button for the Charging Station, the following two screens will be presented -

EV Charging Station 1.JPG

EV Charging Station 2.JPG

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been using the online deluxe version. Can this credit be obtained in the online version or do I have to purchase the desktop version?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You will be able to use the online version of TurboTax to claim this credit.

@kingofzacks

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@kingofzacks Using the TurboTax Deluxe online edition you should be able to access the EV Charging Station using the following screens as an example -

EV Charge TTO 1.JPG

EV Charge TTO 2.JPG

EV Charge TTO 3.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies