Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dogememe

Issue with Used EV Tax Credit in TurboTax Online

Hey there,

I tried to do my taxes today but when I select pre-owned Clean Vehicle in TurboTax Online it only lets me select model years from 2017-2024. This is clearly incorrect as the used EV tax credit is for vehicles 2+ years or older, so it should be 2022 maximum, but also the minimum year should be 2011, not 2017. The vehicle in question is a 2015 Chevy Volt. If you refer to Federal Tax Credits for Pre-owned Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles (fueleconomy.gov) you can see the Chevy Volt qualifies from 2011 onward as well as quite a few other vehicles such as the Nissan Leaf and more.

So TurboTax needs to update the model year list of pre-owned Clean Vehicles from 2017-2024 to 2011-2022 to work correctly. As it is, I can not file my taxes and will have to choose something else. Disappointed as I have been a customer for 8 years. Please let me know if you can update the system.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Issue with Used EV Tax Credit in TurboTax Online

TurboTax will have an update with many 2023 forms released on January 24th.  Here is a link to the form availability

Please  return again after the 24th and you will be able to enter your 2015 Chevy Volt which does qualify for the Used Vehicle Credit and complete your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies