Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Issue with 1099-MISC double-click to select the form C

I am suck in a loop for checking an entry. I have a rental and a 1099-MISC from a property manager. 

It keeps trying to get me to "Required: double-click to select the form on which to report this income:" to schedule C which does not work. 

I have seen several solutions for people that have 1099-NEC's but that is not the case for me.

I tried re-uploading and clearing the browser. No values imputed make a difference. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Is the income in box 1?  If so, it should link to Schedule E for your rental property.   Have you entered your rental property in TurboTax?   You can delete the 1099-misc and re-enter with your rental property.   You may need to delete the Schedule C if it was created erroneously.  

How to enter rental income

How to delete forms in TurboTax Online

How to delete forms in TurboTax Desktop

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I think you are right that it should be Schedule E. I did upload the 1099-MISC to my rental property before and I have re-uploaded it to no affect. That said it is listed under Rental Properties and Royalties (Sch E) in the Wages & Income section with no other documents related to this elsewhere. I am not seeing anything that indicates Schedule C fillings. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies