Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is Turbotax import from bank and financial accounts broken?

This year I'm having lots of issues importing tax details from financial institutions into Turbotax (Premier installed on MacOS). For example, when trying to import tax details from Fidelity, it once asked for the login credentials but then gave an error saying "please check your internet connection" though I was online and even logged into my fidelity account on a separate tab. After that when I retry it doesn't even prompt for Fidelity credentials and just throws an error dialog saying "We recommend you check your internet connection and try again."

I'm seeing different errors when trying to download from Discover bank (I gave up and manually entered this data). Would like to find a solution for the financial institutions such as fidelity as the value of using Turbotax for tax preparation goes down significantly if I can't download my tax details and have to enter everything manually.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

it did not download all forms from Fidelity for me and i had to go back and print one out to enter manually.  and of course it had some duplicates.  the interface is not perfect, for sure.  Try another time and it might work better again.

Yeah, something strange has been going on...all year.

A number of folks find they can get it to work successfully by deleting all their cookies.

Others found, that not only do they have to delete cookies, but also shut down or lower a high setting for firewall protection and/or virus scanner settings.  (Particularly the Brave browser, but sometimes others too)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies