Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there something wrong with the TurboTax feature that imports the 1099s from your financial institution? It *looks* like it works, but nothing gets imported.

TurboTax Basic... The application looks like it communicated with my financial institution, but it never goes back to TurboTax and the updated stock transactions and dividends are not showing up.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Is there something wrong with the TurboTax feature that imports the 1099s from your financial institution? It *looks* like it works, but nothing gets imported.

If you are using TurboTax Online, try importing using a different browser.

If you use the Brave browser, you have to turn off the Brave Shields.

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Nope, I use the application under Windoze...  I refuse to use the online version because I don't trust it... I want the application and all the data to be on my PC in case I need to refer to it later or need to install it on a different machine, even if Intuit goes bankrupt...

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Did you look through the links I posted? When you are importing, you are connecting to the internet and using a browser. You may need to change your default browser.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After about 10 attempts, it finally shows up in the application... I've never had this problem before... Yet another example of why "change just for the sake of change" is a BAD idea...  If they had designed their software RIGHT, it would still run on Win2K machines in addition to the latest version of Windoze...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies