turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EFTax

Where can I deduct income form 1099misc not constructively received until 2017?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Even if you enter the 1099-MISC's you receive into TurboTax absolutely none of that detail is transmitted to the IRS.  All they ever see is a lump sum of "revenue".  Accordingly, one way of handling this is to simply go back to that 1099-MISC and change the amount.

Of course, after you file your income tax return you print out a copy for your records.  You attach to that copy all supporting documents you've received including any and all 1099-MISC's.  On that particular 1099-MISC you write a note to yourself exactly how you changed it and why, paying particular attention to that "constructive receipt" issue which will include dates and references to your own records. 

Tom Young

EFTax

Is there a way to "see statement" that's what I would generally do, but I'm new to this software.

If you can go into "Forms" mode - only available in desktop products - there is a "form" called "Blank Form" on which you can type in some information and enter some numbers.  But "Blank Form" does not cross-reference to a "See statement #X" notation next to some line on some Schedule or Form of your income tax return, which is how you do these thing in the regular fashion.  I'm not even sure if it's included in an e-filing, though I'd guess it probably is as it's included when you print out the income tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies