Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to increase the time before you get automatically logged out of the TT community?

...Leave desk for 10 minutes then have to go through tedious login process, receive email/text verification, etc.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Is there a way to increase the time before you get automatically logged out of the TT community?

Which browser are you using and what are your settings in that browser?

Personally, I use MS Edge for this board and, basically, never get logged out (even if I close the browser and restart it). I have to actually select "Sign Out" from the dropdown in order to get logged out of the board. Check your browser settings. 

This doesn't appear to be a browser issue, but thanks for the tip.

@LXXVII wrote:

This doesn't appear to be a browser issue, but thanks for the tip.

Perhaps it is not; I am not at all certain.

I only know that, for whatever reason, I get logged out after a certain time period when I have logged in with Chrome, Firefox, or Opera and that does not happen with Edge. 

I'm never logged out to post.  But I do have to log in frequently to see my notifications and private messages ( the bell and envelope icons in top right).  

@VolvoGirl wrote:

I'm never logged out to post.  But I do have to log in frequently to see my notifications and private messages ( the bell and envelope icons in top right).  

It is strange because I do not have to sign in for anything other than to go to my TurboTax account (which I basically never use). 

For the purposes of posting and viewing the bell and envelope icons (and my profile and settings), I never have to sign in (i.e., I am always logged in for some reason).

I'm on iPad Safari and Chrome on my Windows 8.1.  Have to keep logging in on both if I want to see messages etc.  When I click on a post or go back or forward the number of notifications and messages flash by fast so I know there are some new ones.  But I have to log into the community again to see them.  

@VolvoGirl wrote:

I'm on iPad Safari and Chrome on my Windows 8.1.  Have to keep logging in on both if I want to see messages etc. 

I have to log in with Chrome as well on Windows 10 in order to get rid of that "fly-by" of the notifications and messages icons. I have no idea why I am never logged out with MS Edge but I suspect it must be some browser setting because it certainly is not a settings issue in my Community profile.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies