Is there a way to e-file tax forms and not include...

Is there a way to e-file tax forms and not include the 1044-ES payment vouchers? I don't want to pay future estimated tax payments for this future year.

Estimated tax Form 1040-ES cannot be e-filed, they can only be printed and mailed by you with a tax payment.

The Form 1040-ES are optional and for your use only if needed to pay 2020 estimated taxes.  They are not reported to the IRS or included with the 2019 tax return when the return is e-filed.

thank you for the response! so if i e-file, the vouchers won't be included..so i don't need to do anything right?

Hello DoninGA,

So if you e-file, then why do the payment vouchers show up when you want a PDF for reference? How do you see exactly what forms are submitted when you e-file?

Thanks for any help,

Aaron

You should create two PDF files for your own records. The first PDF should contain all forms, all worksheets, and just everything.

The second PDF file should contain only those forms that are required to be filed. So far as I know, the 1040-ES forms will not be there.

Hello Bill,
So when I save a PDF or print, I get the option All official forms required for filing. The vouchers still show up and are in the checked list. 

How do I submit the electronic e-file without the 1040ES Voucher forms?

@alucas91607

Thanks for coming back telling me. I had seen this the other day when I filed, but since I don't have 1040-ES forms on my return, I couldn't be sure.

But please don't worry - the IRS is going to ignore the 1040-ES forms if they are even in the tax return's electronic filing packet. The IRS can't do anything with them since you didn't include any money for them.

Really, don't worry about it.

The dollar amounts on the 1040-ES are just suggestions anyway; they in no way commit you to paying those amounts. The IRS will not record them until you pay them either by mail or by the IRS Payments system wherein you explicitly describe it as an estimated tax payment.