Is there a way to check if the state of Utah is holding onto State tax returns? I've filed for 3 years and never receive my return. But I do get my federal

Are you sure that you completed the process of filing your state return? DId you get the acknowledgement emails for both federal and state returns?
Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

You will need to contact the state and ask them ... https://tax.utah.gov/contact