turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

len1

Is ID NOTIFY part of TurboTax Max Benefits for 2017 taxes?

Feb 2018 I purchased TurboTax with MAX protection. After that I have gotten monthly emails from ID NOTIFY. Are they part of my MAX benefits? Their latest email shows something I would like to see more about but I can't seem to sign on and their FORGOT PASSWORD service is not sending me an email back. Is ID NOTIFY a scam or is it part of my TurboTax Max benefits? (and if so how do I see my account?) Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Yes, IDnotify is part of MAX Benefits.  See this FAQ, where there is a link to the IDnotify website.  In their Contact section it looks like they have a 24-hour phone number, too.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3051554-who-is-idnotify-and-what-is-their-relationship-to-turbotax

I purchased MAX while doing my taxes on TURBO TAX. I did my taxes in February 2019, so why did I get a notification yesterday 12/7/2019 that my ID NOTIFY has expired. You would think it would last one year. ID NOTIFY is part of the MAX which is part of TURBO TAX. I paid extra for the MAX.

That may be a fake email ... do not click on any links in that email ...   contact ID Notify directly here : https://www.idnotify.com/turbotax/

This whole conversation does not give the link to the TurboTax website to get the IDnotify reports for my account.  If you try to login to IDnotify your TT login does not work.  If you call them they don't know who you are.  I won't click on any link in any emails I get so I didn't click on the auto generated email to get my report.  No where in the email does it say to login to TurboTax to get to the report.  It does give a contact phone number but that is an inconvenient way to find all this out.  I spent 45 minutes on hold to get to an IDnotify customer rep.  The TT rep I talked to said she had no way to get the information about this on the auto generated email.  The email looks like it came from IDnotify.  This is very misleading and not helpful.

I just tried to find any way to get to my IDnotify report for the period on the Turbotax or Intuit websites after I logged in.  Where can I see these? 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you referring to the login information you are supposed to receive through an email from TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I used my login the same as for my 2019 taxes but it didn't work so I had to reset the PW.  The problem was it did not work with IDnotify.  To find the report from within TT is incredibly hard.  It is under benefits and even once you get there it is not easy to find it.  And then the "report" does not a have a date so you don't know if it is actually an update of just what was in there before.  Mine was negative for my info on the web but still I would like to be able to 1. be told that the report is not with IDnotify on the email notification and that you have to go to TT (and where to go) 2. don't expect anyone to click on the link in the notification so (1) is important.  It is totally misleading and then very hard to sort out.  It does not have to be.  It would be easy to provide the info in the notification and make sure users don't think it is something that IDnotify has a report on.

flipman76

ID NOTIFY sent an email about suspicious activity where is the link to look this message?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies