turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting betterment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

A lot of 1099 B forms are not available yet to import. Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for more information:

How do I import my 1099?

When will I be able to import my 1099?

If you continue to have issues and Betterment says the forms are available, contact customer service, start by clicking on Contact Us Answering the questions will help to ensure that your call is properly routed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

The forms are available on Betterment's website, but the import to TurboTax is not. They were supposed to be available to import today 2/18, but I'm getting an error stating ""there isn't any tax-related information to import ." TurboTax and Betterment need to get this sorted out. I'm not typing in all of that info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem. Unable to connect with customer support from either Betterment or TurboTax. Just receiving the same error message, "no info available to import right now," even though it's successfully connecting via the app password. Terrible service.

andrea666

I keep getting 103 error even through I'm able to login to Betterment with the same email and password. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Just wanted to say that I got it to work, had to go to betterment and get an App password. If you have 2 step authentication on you need to do it 

andrea666

That worked! Thank you so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve tried my basic password and an app specific password but neither is working.  I keep getting an error message stating that "This import was unsuccessful."

Manual input would be a nightmare given the number of transactions so hopefully they’re still working on the integration.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Just to clarify, did you go into your Betterment settings, then Security, and create an app password?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did. I created a specific app password for TurboTax. At first I tried logging in with my normal password and received this error: "Betterment: Unsuccessful sign on request. Please ensure your credentials are correct and try again. If you have two-factor authentication enables, please use an App Password generated on the Settings > Security page in your Betterment account."

So I went and created an app password. Then I get this error when entering it successfully in TurboTax: "This import was unsuccessful. There isn't any tax-related info to import right now. No problem - we'll help you enter the information and continue with your return."

No problem is an understatement. Please help TurboTax! Not the only ones running into this issue. Several on Reddit and other sources also replying about this issue.

I have the same exact issue. To be clear, I'm on the Premier install version, not the web version. I've created an app password for Betterment and I'm getting the error "This import was unsuccessful. There isn't any tax-related info to import right now. No problem - we'll help you enter the information and continue with your return." 

I don't want to enter the information manually - that's why I paid for Turbotax. Please help!

eric27

Having the same issue. I've tried both my standard password and an app specific password. I keep getting the super helpful error message: "That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)"

Anonymous
Not applicable

am having the same issue as well..i keep getting 

That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using TurboTax Deluxe with app-specific password, get the same error: "no info available to import right now." Called TurboTax customer service, no help. Called, emailed, and tweeted Betterment customer service, no help.

Same issue here - trying to import 1099-B from betterment and getting import unsuccessful. Thinking of doing a chargeback on my credit card for the cost of TurboTax and going with a different option since they can't seem to figure this out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies