• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chazrog
Returning Member

Is a payment of a % of MRD on an IRA to be shown on my Turbo Tax Return "Added Federal Estimated Payments"?

It seems to me that the %  sent in should be treated the same way as Estimate Taxes (i.e Federal Estimated Payments). Yes or No?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
macuser_22
Level 15

Is a payment of a % of MRD on an IRA to be shown on my Turbo Tax Return "Added Federal Estimated Payments"?

No not estimate tax.

If there is Federal tax withholding in box 4 on the 1099-R form then it is added to all other W-2 and 1099 form withholding on line 64 on the 1040 form (line 40 on 1040A) and will offset your overall tax liability.

Box 12 state withholding will likewise transfer to the state tax return.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
macuser_22
Level 15

No not estimate tax.

If there is Federal tax withholding in box 4 on the 1099-R form then it is added to all other W-2 and 1099 form withholding on line 64 on the 1040 form (line 40 on 1040A) and will offset your overall tax liability.

Box 12 state withholding will likewise transfer to the state tax return.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v