Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS says they see no return on file but turbo tax says it was submitted

I followed instructions from one of your forums to call and talk to the IRS about my personal federal tax return since it has been over 10 weeks since it was accepted with no change to Where's my refund. The representative from the IRS says they see no refund on file and have no record of my return. After I confirmed turbo tax said it was sent and received they spent 20+ minutes looking into it and still said there was no record of me submitting a return for the 2023 year.

My state tax return was submitted and accepted at the same time and has already been processed and my refund received. Why does the IRS not have record of my 2023 return and what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You should be able to assist the IRS agent in locating your e-filed return by using the information on the acceptance email you received. It should have the acceptance date and submission ID numbers there that the agent can use to track down your return.  Also if you haven't already I recommend going to IRS.gov and signing up for access to your online account. 

FYI your e-filed state return could not have been accepted/processed before the IRS accepted your FED return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You should be able to assist the IRS agent in locating your e-filed return by using the information on the acceptance email you received. It should have the acceptance date and submission ID numbers there that the agent can use to track down your return.  Also if you haven't already I recommend going to IRS.gov and signing up for access to your online account. 

FYI your e-filed state return could not have been accepted/processed before the IRS accepted your FED return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies