Solved: IP PIN

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP PIN

Hello,

I have received an IP PIN from the IRS. When I attempt to submit it on Turbotax in the E filing signature portion the box only accepts 5 digits when my pin is 6 digits. Why is this and is there a different pin I should be using in this box?

Thanks!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

IP PIN

Yes, you enter your IP Pin in another section.

How do I add or remove my 6-digit IP PIN?

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for IP PIN (don't forget the space) and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. On the Identity Protection PIN screen, answer Yes and enter your IP PIN in the space provided.
  4. If you need to remove the IP PIN, answer No instead.
  5. Select Continue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

IP PIN

Yes, you enter your IP Pin in another section.

How do I add or remove my 6-digit IP PIN?

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for IP PIN (don't forget the space) and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. On the Identity Protection PIN screen, answer Yes and enter your IP PIN in the space provided.
  4. If you need to remove the IP PIN, answer No instead.
  5. Select Continue.

View solution in original post

IP PIN

I am not certain however when I try to update my taxes online (because I need to input my dependents IP pin number)...for one it does not allow me to do this online or take me to that section of my taxes...( and does not let me update it) or do I just need to print the tax forms and mail it? Will there be a section where I can do so? 

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings