Devdev91

IP PIN

Hello,

I have received an IP PIN from the IRS. When I attempt to submit it on Turbotax in the E filing signature portion the box only accepts 5 digits when my pin is 6 digits. Why is this and is there a different pin I should be using in this box?

Thanks!

bluedeb

IP PIN

Yes, you enter your IP Pin in another section.

How do I add or remove my 6-digit IP PIN?

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for IP PIN (don't forget the space) and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. On the Identity Protection PIN screen, answer Yes and enter your IP PIN in the space provided.
  4. If you need to remove the IP PIN, answer No instead.
  5. Select Continue.

bluedeb

IP PIN

5. Select Continue.

MKILLIAN1

IP PIN

I am not certain however when I try to update my taxes online (because I need to input my dependents IP pin number)...for one it does not allow me to do this online or take me to that section of my taxes...( and does not let me update it) or do I just need to print the tax forms and mail it? Will there be a section where I can do so? 

Killabit

IP PIN

you suck

mesquitebean

IP PIN

@Killabit 

I don't see that you have asked any question in the forum, at least under that profile name.

Do you have a question about an IP PIN--the topic of this thread? 

mesquitebean

IP PIN

@ MKILLIAN1 wrote:

EDITED 4/25/2021  12:15 AM Pacific

I just encountered and answered your question above which I thought was from just 2 weeks ago, and as soon as I sent it I noticed it was actually from last year 4/08/2020.   You may have been emailed this answer, which of course, would not help now with your last year's situation.  Sorry about that and any confusion my current answer caused.    I'm leaving the answer up, however, since it may help someone else who encounters this thread and needs to enter the IP PIN for a dependent.

************************************

How to enter an IP PIN for a dependent:

Here are 2 ways to get to the right place to enter the IP PIN for a dependent.  You only need to use one method.   You can choose which method works for you the best.

• Open your return interview and click in the top right corner on SEARCH.
  • Enter the term IP PIN without quotes, ignore the dropdown menu, and instead click the blue magnifying glass on that same line.
  • Then click on Jump to IP PIN.
  • Next screen asks "Did anyone in your family get an Identity Protection PIN from the IRS for this year's taxes?"
  • When you say "yes", the next screen lists all people on your return.  Choose the correct one.

Or here's a second way:

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window choose TOPIC SEARCH.
  • Enter the term IP PIN without quotes.
  • In the selection list highlight IP PIN and click GO.