Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Iowa form IA 126 - Other Adjustments

I filed my non-resident Iowa taxes and received a notice from the state informing me that I didn't complete the form properly. The issue is that I claimed an "other adjustment" (line 23) on IA 126 and I shouldn't have. I cannot find the place in Turbo Tax where I entered the number that placed the value on this form. How to I get to the "Step by Step" point where this value was entered?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Then I wouldn't know where the "Other" adjustment came from.

I don't have the 2023 IA tax software to check where it might have come from myself.

There must have been "something" you entered when you prepared your tax file such that those $$$ were entered there.   You should run thru the IA section interview, from start to finish again, and see if the $$ amount you see on line 23 of that IA form, triggers some memory of what it might apply to as you go thru all the IA Q&A again.....even if entered in the wrong spot.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see this link for steps to access your return once you have filed.  Make sure you do not make any changes to this file or the amounts that pull into your 2024 tax return may differ from the actual return filed.

Once you have access to the interview screens, I recommend going through the state interview section again to determine what area had an adjustment entered.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I reviewed all the interview screens before submitting my question. I didn't know if there was a more methodical means to determine this.

@dd5121 

IF you are using the "Desktop" software, you might be able to find the source of your entry in Forms Mode by rt-clicking on the value on line 23 of the IA 126 (if on a Windows computer), and selecting Data Source from the pop-up menu.  (not sure the procedure on a MAC....might be a double-click or a selection in the top-line menu).....however, the Data Source selection doesn't work for every line.

If you used the "Online" browser-based software, there is no Forms Mode....though it might be in a worksheet if you save a PDF copy of the file, but saving a PDF with all forms and worksheets using the Print Center.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks for the response. I am using the desktop (Windows) version and there's "no help content for this context" on that field. I take that to mean this is a dead-end.

Then I wouldn't know where the "Other" adjustment came from.

I don't have the 2023 IA tax software to check where it might have come from myself.

There must have been "something" you entered when you prepared your tax file such that those $$$ were entered there.   You should run thru the IA section interview, from start to finish again, and see if the $$ amount you see on line 23 of that IA form, triggers some memory of what it might apply to as you go thru all the IA Q&A again.....even if entered in the wrong spot.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies