turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Intuit Electronic filing center is not open for the season yet

Using TurboTax  Business 2017, it's February 10, 2018 according to the physical calendar, the date and time on the computer match (i.e. it's not my date and time).  The New York Partnership forms were made ready February 9th (according to Intuit, and the fact that it downloaded them and let me complete the NY forms.)

When trying to efile, I get this "You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.  We accept 2017 New York Partnership tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to end of tax season.  We'll see you then!"

I've deleted my address and reentered/ I verified at the form level as well. I've stopped and restarted...I've checked various "links" in other questions regarding the date, and nothing is relevant.   

So, when will Intuit be open?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Despite TurboTax emailing to say the forms were ready, and despite the fact the software downloaded the forms and allowed me to fill them out and print them, despite the table switching from a date to View Forms, the forms are in fact not ready.     The software gives the bogus answer that they're not open yet, verus, the forms can't be e-filed despite everything other indication.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Despite TurboTax emailing to say the forms were ready, and despite the fact the software downloaded the forms and allowed me to fill them out and print them, despite the table switching from a date to View Forms, the forms are in fact not ready.     The software gives the bogus answer that they're not open yet, verus, the forms can't be e-filed despite everything other indication.
VickyL

Unfortunately, some forms are not available at this time.  I have included some information that will give you details on dates when forms will be available.  

This overview provides information on the delay with some forms - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299968

This will help with IRS Forms availability for TurboTax Business - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319877

Also, more information for your state-specific forms - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319878

I figured it out...the e-mail was incorrect, the software download was incorrect, and the software was incorrect.
eas1
Level 1

I am having the same issue today trying to file 1120S - 2020, through the Turbotax Business 2020 product. The updated pages were loaded this morning, all review validations have passed, and the digital signature has been attached.

When I try to 'Transmit Returns Now', I get the pop-up... "You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2020 Federal S-Corporation tax returns from beginning of tax season to end of tax season.  We'll see you then!"

This is obviously not the correct reason for the error as we are beyond the beginning of tax season!

Please provide some accurate information for resetting my expectations - Thank You.

I'm also receiving the same error message as eas1 when I click the Transmit Returns button. I did an update today and the error that the forms aren't ready went away, but now I receive this error on Transmit. When can we transmit our 1120-S returns???

I am having the same problem with the 1041 Federal and the Massachusetts state forms. Nothing will transmit

I just tried again and the 1120-S form was submitted!

eas1
Level 1

Thanks Lynn... mine just transmitted as well. 😊

Mine did as well

I get the same message >>>season not open yet... but I cannot efile, I try to reboot my PC window 10 but nothing work, that is with the Turbotax business, I cannot believe they did not update that common issue. I try to call at [phone number removed] get a ticket but operators are too busy to answer!!!!! Is somebody has a solution ?

eas1
Level 1

@paulgilber1 My 1120-S did file on Friday, 02/12.  I'm also running Turbotax Business with Windows10.

But I have not received any confirmation yet.  Status is still Pending with the message... 'We are waiting for confirmation of your status from the IRS. Wait 24 to 48 hours, then check your status again.'

(Still waiting since it's a 3-day weekend.)

@weblynne , maybe you can let us know when your return shows that it has been accepted. Thanks!

I filed 5 trust returns (1041) on Saturday.  Three were accepted by the IRS but I have not heard yet about the other 2. It has been 48 hours but it is a holiday weekend.

I got the same message, but I was able to file the federal return only. Problem is with the State I am from New Jersey. Something wrong with the Turbotax for some State stop us to file our business form. Hope they will fix it soon. I also updated my program but that does not help. Some body from Massachusetts has same issue.

Try federal only should work, but state wont, have same issue with NJ.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies