jmillsp

Interest Income owned by husband and wife but bank only puts the recipient name as the husband?

Can I choose the option owned by both for interest even though the bank shows the Interest income in my  name only on the Interest Income form 1099-INT?? This is an account that is a shared account but when they send out the 1099-INT it only shows my name.

HelenC12

Yes, you can designate the 1099-INT Form as being owned by both of you even if only one person's name and SSN is shown on the form. This is common. 

Note: All income, such as interest under $10 is taxable unless the law specifically excludes itFor additional information, click on Taxable and Nontaxable Income | Internal Revenue Service - IRS.gov.

To enter your 1099-INT form, see Where do I enter Form 1099-INT?

HelenC12