You can request an Installment Agreement, Form 9465.
If you're financially unable to pay your tax debt immediately, you can make monthly payments through an installment agreement. As long as you pay your tax debt in full, you can reduce or eliminate your payment of penalties or interest, and avoid the fee associated with setting up the agreement.
Before applying for any payment agreement, you must file all required tax returns.You may be eligible to apply for an online payment agreement
- Individuals must owe $50,000 or less in combined individual income tax, penalties and interest, and have filed all required returns.
- Businesses must owe $25,000 or less in payroll taxes and have filed all required returns.
- If you meet these requirements, you can apply for an online payment agreement.
- Complete and mail Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request (PDF) and Form 433-F, Collection Information Statement (PDF);
- Call 800-829-1040 or the phone number on your bill or notice
You can file a Form 9465 (Installment Agreement Request) in TurboTax but only if you haven't filed your return yet. To get to Form 9465, go through the File section of TurboTax
until you reach the screen How do you want to pay your federal taxes?
(You won't see this screen if you owe $0 or are getting a refund.