Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Installation not working on 2nd PC

Hi- I purchased the Turbotax 2023 product from Costco in a downloadable format.  I successfully installed on a first Mac PC but was not successful installing on a 2nd Mac PC.  There was a message that the software was already installed on an PC.  I though the license allows for installation on up to 5 PCs.  Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@dtjamieson just to clarify; yes the license is permitted to be downloaded onto 5 PCs / MACs, but only those that you own.  The license doesn't permit sharing with friends and family. 

You will have to call customer support.  They are rolling out a new procedure this year, to activate your license you must be logged into your Turbotax online account and provide your password as well as the license code.   You are also limited to one Turbotax account per license code, so you can't install the program on one computer using your online account, and someone else's computer using their online account.  That seems to be an additional step to make sure that your 5 activations are limited to computers you own, and you aren't just giving the license to other people.  (Even in past years, the license was for up to 5 computers that you own, not 5 "family and friends."). 

So it's possible the new activation scheme isn't working properly yet. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies