zincli

install TurboTax on multiple PC with additional state return?

Dear All,

I'm planning to buy TurboTax desktop version for the first time, but I want to know the answer before I buy it. If I want to install TT on different PCs with additional state return, should I need to purchase the additional state return separately for each PC, or I only need one purchase for the additional state on one PC and it can automatically show up on other PCs? Thank you.

Kat
Intuit Approved!

As long as you are downloading the same state preparation program, you should be able to download it to more than one computer owned by you.  You should be able to access the state download from your TurboTax account and install it on more than one computer.

Please read the end user agreement referenced and linked in the TurboTax FAQ below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/can-i-install-turbotax-on-more-than-one-computer/0...

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Kat
Intuit Approved!

zincli

I purchased the additional state return on one PC yesterday. However, I didn't see the additional state return on other PCs. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Kat

Your state download should be listed in your Downloads when you log into TurboTax.  Log in to TT using each of your additional PCs, then hover your mouse over Products and Pricing. The very last item in the drop-down should be "Access my Downloads".  I believe you'll see your state download there.

If you don't see your download there, you can contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours for assistance.  Use the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below to contact Support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/01/25632

zincli

Thank you. Unfortunately when I purchased the state return I used guest check out option, I don't see the download in my account. I will contact customer service to figure it out. Thank you.

AndrewQQ

Slightly different slant on same topic.  Will I be able to install TT Deluxe CD on multiple PCs with the same single state tax program and electronically submit my 3 family (mine, 2 adult children) from BOTH PCs.  The total will be 3 returns (fed and state each) under my single account.   

Thanks!

YES  BUT ... if you load from the CD on one computer you MUST use the CD on the others  otherwise you can use the download option for them all instead.   The state must be downloaded on each computer so PLEASE don't use the guest check out option like the other poster did  ... you need to be able to access the account later for the next computer.

AndrewQQ

I appreciate the replies I've received.  I just found out that the PC I was thinking of loading the CD on doesn't even have a CD drive.  So I guess I'm going to use the download version of TT Deluxe on both computers.     

So should I download on one and *copy* the download executable to the other to use, or will the system be smart enough to know it's me if I download from their website and execute the executable on both computers? (But if I do that, I would think I need to pay twice which is certainly what I am trying to avoid here).

At some point I would think I need to log in with my Intuit account and the backend will know it's legitimately the same user on both machines and allow the total of 5 returns to be filed.

@AndrewQQ You can download the TurboTax software you purchased as many times as needed at any time within three years of the purchased date without charge.

You are required to enter the same license code for the download when installing the software on up to 5 computers that you own.

Sign into your online account and download it to the first computer.  Then  do the same for other computers.  You have to log in and download it again.