The reason that you seeing an innocent spouse form is because both forms are in the same section of Turbo Tax. When you first get to this section, it will ask if you want to file an injured spouse or innocent spouse claim and you would say, yes. Then it wil start asking questions about innocent spouse. Dont address these questions; just scroll to the bottom and click "continue. After you get through the innocent spouse screens, Turbo Tax will start asking you questions about the injured spouse claim.
To file this claim in Turbo Tax:
- Log into your account
- click "take me to my return"
- click on the "federal taxes" tab
- click on "other tax situations"
- scroll down to "report an injured or innocent spouse claim" and click "start"
- The next screen that comes up says, "do you want to claim innocent spouse or injured spouse". answer yes
- The first screens that come up are for filing an innocent spouse claim. Just go to the bottom of these screens and click on "continue".
- The next set of screens will ask you questions about your injured spouse claim. When you get to the screen that says, "tell us more about your situation", it is important to include a checkmark next to each of the circumstances that apply to your situation.
Please refer to the following FAQ to learn more about filing this claim in Turbo Tax. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3326788