paigeleann95

Independent Contracting - No 1099 or EIN?

I work for Favor Delivery, which is like Uber except I deliver food and groceries, etc. I am an independent contractor. I did not get a 1099-K because I did not make above $20,000 in 2016. There is no EIN for Favor. How do I report my income from the company?
HelenaC

Since you are an independent contractor, you would use your name, address and social security number (SSN) as your "business" name, address and SSN, in the business setup section of TurboTax. 

To report your independent contractor/self-employment income that was from cash or personal checks or credit card payments:

• Type “Schedule C” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
  • This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.
  • You may be asked some general questions about your business.
  •  After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Your Business screen where you can enter this income as Additional Income under Business Income.

If you received form 1099-k or 1099-MISC for your self-employed income:

• Type “1099-misc” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
  • This will take you directly to the section where you can enter your 1099-MISC. 
  • You’ll also be able to enter any cash, personal checks or credit card payments (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.

Related Information: