IND-901 Error

asarora1

IND-901 Error

Hi all,

My efile has been rejected three times now all from the same IND-901 error (SSN associated with a deceased person). 

I spoke with the Social Security office and the IRS and both confirmed they see no such flags associated with my account. So I am assuming there is some type of issue with the software itself.

I was wondering if anyone had any success efiling through Turboxtax (Premier, Mac edition here) after encountering this error, and if yes, what you did to get it to work? I would like to avoid paper filing if at all possible.

IND-901 Error

Well, that code is coming directly from the IRS, not Turbotax.   This may sound obvious, but be sure you typed the correct SSN into the program; the taxpayer name is spelled exactly as in the SSA records; and the DOB is correct.  All you can do now is print, sign and file by mail.

asarora1

IND-901 Error

Thanks, yes I double-checked my ssn & dob and both are accurate. 

The IRS rep I spoke with indicated he didn't see any flags on my account so note sure where this is coming from. Hoping someone might have figured out a workaround to get the efile to work, otherwise I will go the paper route.