Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yrgowtham
Returning Member

IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database

Turbo Tax should fix this issue. I checked my previous year's Tax return, downloaded IRS transcript from IRS website and followed every step that they had mentioned.

The customer service representatives are no help . I contacted them multiple times and each time get a different answer everything ended at a dead end with no help in resolving this issue. 

One TT customer service agent suggested doing paper filing, but another suggested that I directly contact IRS to get my questions answered and should not do paper filing .
Not sure what should I be doing, there is no help from Turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database

There is a good possibility that your 2021 AGI is not in the IRS data base for your name and Social Security number.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2021 AGI and e-file the 2022 tax return again.

yrgowtham
Returning Member

Tried it, same error :( 

TurboTax support FAQ for the IRS error code IND-032-04 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/rejected-tax-return/fix-e-file-reject-in...

If entering a 0 for your AGI and for your spouse AGI does not work and you have already tried using the exact 2021 AGI from your original 2021 federal tax return Form 1040 Line 11, then your only other option is to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/printers-printing/print-mail-return-turb...

yrgowtham
Returning Member

Is there any chance that the paper file also get rejected because of this issue ?
At least that is what one of the Turbo tax customer service agent said, until the issue of mismatch between IRS transcript and IRS system is fixed it will be rejected.
Can you please confirm if paper filing will solve this issue and IRS would process my return?

@yrgowtham wrote:

Is there any chance that the paper file also get rejected because of this issue ?
At least that is what one of the Turbo tax customer service agent said, until the issue of mismatch between IRS transcript and IRS system is fixed it will be rejected.
Can you please confirm if paper filing will solve this issue and IRS would process my return?

When you paper file your tax return there is no 2021 AGI required.  That is only used for e-filing.

yrgowtham
Returning Member

Sure thank you for the reply

4SportsMom
Returning Member

If you've filed an amended return, use the AGI from the first return. That took care of taxpayer 1's rejection.  But it was rejected again for spouse AGI/PIN.

I don't know why the previous PIN matters, since the directions say you can make it up.   I used a different PIN this year.  When I changed it to what I used last year and the return was accepted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies