Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Income Taxes with more than One W-2

Hello, I had three (3) W-2's last year and will have the same this year. My income will be slightly higher this year. My taxes due for 2022 were really high, how do I reduce or make sure I will not owe taxes for 2023?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tbrown25
Employee Tax Expert

To best determine how much you should be withholding from your paycheck, you can use this W-4 Calculator .  You may want to review your current paystubs to see if the correct amount of taxes are being withheld. 

If you determine that your withholdings are too small, you could submit a new w-4 to your employers.  

here is an link to the explanation of the  w-4 https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-forms/what-is-a-w-4-form/L2NapDzX2

You can also use our tax refund estimator to find out how much you'll get back this year (or how much you’ll owe) TaxCaster Tax Calculator   if your outcome is taxes owed, you can calculate additional withholding on your W-4 form on line 4c.  You can update your W-4 form any time during the year.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You can use the Tax Withholding Estimator on the IRS web site to figure out how to adjust your withholding to get the approximate refund amount that you want.

tbrown25
Employee Tax Expert

To best determine how much you should be withholding from your paycheck, you can use this W-4 Calculator .  You may want to review your current paystubs to see if the correct amount of taxes are being withheld. 

If you determine that your withholdings are too small, you could submit a new w-4 to your employers.  

here is an link to the explanation of the  w-4 https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-forms/what-is-a-w-4-form/L2NapDzX2

You can also use our tax refund estimator to find out how much you'll get back this year (or how much you’ll owe) TaxCaster Tax Calculator   if your outcome is taxes owed, you can calculate additional withholding on your W-4 form on line 4c.  You can update your W-4 form any time during the year.

Hope this helps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies