In the process of transferring to a new pc our state and federal returns have disappeared. Can they be restored. Both returns have been filed.

I had a similar problem.  And I was told that unless I had a backup copy of the tax file I was out of luck.  Since I did have the saved .pdf file I could use that information to recreate the tax file.

I was also told by an alternative saving service that TurboTax could use the file that was filed with the IRS to recreate the original.  I have not asked TurboTax if this is an option.