turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i erase my 2018 home and business return and start over ( It has not been filled and I believe that its registered. )?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

How do i erase my 2018 home and business return and start over ( It has not been filled and I believe that its registered. )?

In the CD/Download versions of TurboTax, such as Home & Business, you can create more than one return with the software, whereas using the Online version only one return can be created.  Thus, for the online version, the clear and start over option has to be used.

But for TurboTax Home & Business, you can simply start a New Return.  On the top of the screen, select the File tab at the top left of the screen, then New Return.  You will be asked if you want to save the current return you are working on and you can choose to say Yes or No, depending upon if you want to keep a copy.  If you do decide to save a copy of the return you are not wanting, be sure to change the name of it to something that will alert you to it being an incorrect return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

In the CD/Download versions of TurboTax, such as Home & Business, you can create more than one return with the software, whereas using the Online version only one return can be created.  Thus, for the online version, the clear and start over option has to be used.

But for TurboTax Home & Business, you can simply start a New Return.  On the top of the screen, select the File tab at the top left of the screen, then New Return.  You will be asked if you want to save the current return you are working on and you can choose to say Yes or No, depending upon if you want to keep a copy.  If you do decide to save a copy of the return you are not wanting, be sure to change the name of it to something that will alert you to it being an incorrect return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies