Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mdurfee

Can I begin to pay my estimated taxes when I pay my annual taxes?

I am switching from annual taxes to estimated monthly taxes.  Is there a way to include this in my current annual taxes that I will pay this year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

In general, it is best if you pay any estimated taxes for next year separately from the current year's tax payment.

When both payments are submitted together, they seem to all be applied to one year or the other.  What works best is to send the payments separately, with each one clearly labeled with your social security number and the year to which the payment is to be applied (both on the face of the check and on the voucher that is sumbitted with the payment).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyT

In general, it is best if you pay any estimated taxes for next year separately from the current year's tax payment.

When both payments are submitted together, they seem to all be applied to one year or the other.  What works best is to send the payments separately, with each one clearly labeled with your social security number and the year to which the payment is to be applied (both on the face of the check and on the voucher that is sumbitted with the payment).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies