turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rlmr

Importing 2022 Taxes

When I import my 2022 tax return, it is not importing schedule E or any of the prior year information regarding the rental property. I have tried 2023 online and now purchased 2023 desktop and the same thing happened. I pulled up the 2022 tax return in 2022 Turbo Tax Desktop and all of the information is there. Any suggestions? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Importing 2022 Taxes

Did you use the Online version or the Desktop program for 2022?

This is mainly for Schedule C but can apply to Schedule E.   If you used the Desktop program last year, see if you have another .tax2022 file on your computer.  

Or maybe last year you marked the Schedule C as FINAL in Turbo Tax?

Here's an idea.  Do you still have 2022 installed?  Try opening 2022 program and see if you can get your 2022 return to show up in it.  Go to FILE - OPEN.  And see if your schedule C is in it and if it's marked as finally disposed.  Or any Assets were disposed or sold.

Then save it again with a name and place you can find.  Go to File - Save As.  Then start a new 2023 return and transfer from the 2022 file.

That answer worked for this user - Thanks for the tip!  I did go back to the 2017 return and found a box checked that indicated the business on the sched C had been disposed of.  I unchecked the box, saved the 2017 file and re-imported.  All is good!  Thanks, again!

rlmr

Importing 2022 Taxes

I used the desktop version for the 2022 taxes. I tried the save as from TT 2022 and reimported, and got the same results. I do not see a dispose of box on the return. The import pulled over the overall rental income from 2022, but none of the details (property name, depreciation, etc). Any other options?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies