Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Importing 1099 from Schwab

When I try to import 1099s from Schwab, turbo tax tells me to enter account credentials below, but the window does not provide blanks where the credentials should be typed in.  And of course, it fails to import the data without those credentials.  For Fidelity and other institutions, TurboTax shows you the same window, but it includes blanks for typing in the credentials.  

I'm wondering if it is just automatically using the credentials I put in last year.  My PW has changed since then and needs to be updated, but I can't see a way to do that.

How do I get it to allow me to input Schwab credentials?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I spoke with Schwab, who confirmed that there was a glitch in the interface between TT and 
Schwab.  Apparently, each financial institution has unique procedures that they work out with Intuit for the imports.  Schwab and Intuit appear to have fixed the glitch as of morning 3/13/22.  Now when you proceed with an import from Schwab, you should get a pop up window asking you to sign into your Intuit account.  From there, you'll agree to their terms and input your Schwab credentials.

The imports mostly worked from there.  Oddly, there was still a glitch at Schwab with linked accounts.  I never could get it to import the 1099Div and 1099INT for my wife's accounts even though it listed those forms for import.  Instead, it kept duplicating those same forms from my account.   Weird.  Worked fine for her 1099R, but could not get her other 1099s after multiple attempts from different angles.  I had to hand enter those two 1099s.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Tiger21

We need additional information to be able to assist you further.  May I ask what version of the software you are using?  Also, are you using a Windows or a Mac computer?  Please post here in the thread and someone will reach out with the next steps.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am using the windows TurboTax desktop version.  I updated TurboTax this morning 3/11/22.

Also the TT version is Premier

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Since you have already updated TurboTax and it is still not working for you, please contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@Tiger21

consultjrc1
Returning Member

could not get a human 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here for contact information for TurboTax Customer Support. Please reach out to them between 5:00AM and 9:00PM PT.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I spoke with Schwab, who confirmed that there was a glitch in the interface between TT and 
Schwab.  Apparently, each financial institution has unique procedures that they work out with Intuit for the imports.  Schwab and Intuit appear to have fixed the glitch as of morning 3/13/22.  Now when you proceed with an import from Schwab, you should get a pop up window asking you to sign into your Intuit account.  From there, you'll agree to their terms and input your Schwab credentials.

The imports mostly worked from there.  Oddly, there was still a glitch at Schwab with linked accounts.  I never could get it to import the 1099Div and 1099INT for my wife's accounts even though it listed those forms for import.  Instead, it kept duplicating those same forms from my account.   Weird.  Worked fine for her 1099R, but could not get her other 1099s after multiple attempts from different angles.  I had to hand enter those two 1099s.

My problem is TurboTax imported 1099-INT, _DIV, and 1099-B amounts for an account for which I serve as Trustee -- I am not the owner and income is taxable only to the TRUST, which has a different taxpayer ID.  How do I find the account # in TurboTax so I can delete the 1099s (& income) from the Trust account?  (I can't use the actual amounts in the 1099s, because they are identical to amounts on our personal accounts. We need to be certain of the account # before we delete an imported 1099.)

importing did not work anyway last year (2021)

this year I could not import using the Brave browser and complained earlier about that.

HOWEVER, after seeing later comments that the MS edge browser ( set as a default browser) might work ,I gave it a try. It did work for both Schwab and Fidelity account data

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies