Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import .txf from cointracking.info export crypto trades missing 3/4 of trades or more in TT

I have CD/Download Deluxe version of TT 2018 on Windows.

Crypto trades worked perfectly in my 2017 amended. Exported one .txf file from cointracking.info an got expected five 8949 forms for crypto trades show up in TT. Perfect.

Now with 2018, the exact same steps, I only get two 8949 forms show up after .txf import of an expected about 8 forms.  There's 328 trades.  Cointracking.info can split exports into two smaller export files to make it easier for TT CD/Download, same result as all-in-one export file. 

Suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Import .txf from cointracking.info export crypto trades missing 3/4 of trades or more in TT

@quattroluvr wrote:

Suggestions?

Yes, contact Support (link below) during regular business hours.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

strange but true. The forms view in TT will only show ONE form generated, but the actual filing PDF shows all 15 of them with all my 321 ish trades listed !  So it's solved for filing but the forms view has a bug really.

@quattroluvr wrote:

So it's solved for filing but the forms view has a bug really.

Either that or it is just a software limitation. Regardless, I am glad you were able to resolve the issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies