Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import tax forms fidelity

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnR1

Provided that your Form 1099 is one of the following types of 1099s, you can import it directly from Fidelity:

1099-B1099-DIV1099-INT1099-OID, or 1099-R 

Fidelity is a TurboTax partner.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ, on "How do I import my 1099?":

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JohnR1

Provided that your Form 1099 is one of the following types of 1099s, you can import it directly from Fidelity:

1099-B1099-DIV1099-INT1099-OID, or 1099-R 

Fidelity is a TurboTax partner.

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ, on "How do I import my 1099?":

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

Turbo tax should download ALL forms from Fidelity   This limitation is YEARs old.    Fix it,    I am leaving TT,  it is too cumbersome and no improvements are made

@peter_michalik  , what form would you want TT to download from Fidelity that is not downloaded?

_robster

how would i import my tax statements from fidelity's netbenefits. They're all 1099r forms

Go to the 1099R entry screen.  But It is just as fast and easy to manually enter it.  When you enter a 1099 the first screen is How to Enter, by Import or Enter it Myself. Scroll down and click the last circle to enter it myself.

The easiest way to get to the 1099-R entry screen is to simply search for 1099-R (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) in your TurboTax program and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Enter a 1099R under

Federal Taxes on the left side

Wages & Income at the top

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,

Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.

I've had NetBenfits 1099-R forms for more than 10 years.....so far Fidelity NetBenefits has never created/provided the specially=formatted tax import files that are needed to directly import the 1099-R forms into TTX.  Their regular Consumer accounts probably do for their holdings, but not NetBenefits.

So you go thru manual entry procedure for them based on the paper/PDF files they provide.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

That's BS.... it should work.  I guess I'm leaving tt too  Its easier than moving my IRA.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Fidelity is on the Partner list for importing, but Net Benefits is not.   It takes as long to import the form as it does to type it manually.    @lmkruse

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They should atleast tell you that it wont work so you dont spend a day tracking down why.  I'm a SW engineer and it baffles me why this stuff happens when it  could be fixed with 3-4 lines of code.  Its exhausting to try to figure out why and customer support is unaware of it too.  I wasted 1.5 hours of my time and their's on a support call that went nowhere. 

woody13
Returning Member

I did my Fidelity IRA accts.  Now I want to do My wifes accts _ different ID and Pass Word.  It is a joint return I am working on.

It wont let me enter another Fidelity ID and PW.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

This may a browser error where TurboTax is reusing the cookie stored for your transaction and being used when you try to pull your wife's information.

Use the Chrome browser and clear browsing data for all time before signing into TurboTax.  Then try to complete the download for your wife.

Here's info on how to clear Cache and Cookies.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies