Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ib21

Import and Intuit account problems

Looks like Intuit just screwed up the import feature. Now you need an Intuit account to be able to import documents from banks and brokerages. The problem is that the Intuit account has many problems.

I have an account last used in 2016, which I didn't remember the password. To recover the password, after sending the security code to my email, it started asking questions about my filing in 2016. Do I need to remember this 7 years later? In addition, I use TurboTax every single year and file it with Intuit. Why not asking questions about my latest filings?

Another problem - the account management pages don't know how to handle addresses for countries other than the USA. They assume that every single country in the world has a 5 digit zip code. So if this is not your case, you can't store your address. Also, not all countries have states, but the page requires it. 

In summary - why do I need a Intuit account to import data? It worked so nicely in the previous years. Why do you try to fix what isn't broken?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see our Help Article which provides troubleshooting steps for importing your 1099.

If you need further support with this, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ib21

Your reply has nothing to do with my complains. I don't need help importing documents. I was complaining about forcing TurboTax users to login to an Intuit account to be able to perform the imports, which was never necessary in previous years. My second complain has to do with the Intuit account itself, as it doesn't work if you have an address which is not in the USA. It assumes that ZIP codes are always 5 digits for any country in the world, it asks you for a State while not all countries have states, etc. In other words, when you try to complete your profile you can't register your address because of the limitations above.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly at the link I provided above.  That way we can take a closer look at your specific concern.  

@ib21 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies