Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CLR422

I have a securities account I contribute to for my son. He is under 18 and I am the custodian. Do I file on my return and if so, how do I indicate that the recipient ID is his?

custodian ugma accounts
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardK

I have a securities account I contribute to for my son. He is under 18 and I am the custodian. Do I file on my return and if so, how do I indicate that the recipient ID is his?

If your sons income meet certain tests you can include your sons income on your return using Form 8614, if your sons income does not these tests, your son must file a tax return, click here for the IRS page Tax on a Child's Investment and Other Unearned Income (Kiddie Tax).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardK

If your sons income meet certain tests you can include your sons income on your return using Form 8614, if your sons income does not these tests, your son must file a tax return, click here for the IRS page Tax on a Child's Investment and Other Unearned Income (Kiddie Tax).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies