turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dkkbmfarm

Can you text the 6 digit number to my phone?

can you text the 6 digit code to my phone?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Can you text the 6 digit number to my phone?

If you're talking about the email verification code (6 digits) in the efiling section, that's all done by computer.

Also check your email's spam/junk folders in case the code is ending up there.

When you go to retrieve the code, do NOT close the original screen where you are asked for the code.  You have to keep the verification screen open while you use a second tab or second window to retrieve the code from your email.  Then you enter it in the screen that you left open.  If you close that original screen, it resets everything, and the code will be seen as "expired."

To make sure your email address is correct, log in and go to your  ACCOUNT SETTINGS.  Then go to the PROFILE section and see if the info is correct.

If you'd rather get text messages, see if you can do this?  See if you can go into Account Settings and update email info in the Profile tab, then go to the Security tab.   See if your email information is correct there.  Then scroll through the "Phone" settings and "Two-Step Verification".  You may be able to switch to text messages to get the code.

If you are unable to use email or text messages to get the code, does the interface where it asks for the code have a  link "Get help signing in?"  If so, on the next screen should be an option to "Try Something Else".  That should offer you a different method that doesn't use a code.

Also read this FAQ and see if any of the info is helpful:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4576376
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies