turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have tax form 3922

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have tax form 3922

If you purchased ESPP shares, your employer will send you Form 3922, Transfer of Stock Acquired Through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You don't need to enter this form on your return. It's sent to you for informational purposes only. However, hang on to your Form 3922, as you'll need it to figure your cost basis when you sell your ESPP shares later. Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

I have tax form 3922

What I'm confused about this is it looks like the fiduciary took money out of my salary, along with some shares sold, to pay taxes.  

I haven't received any funds from this tho.  Our company has had a blackout on the sale of the stock for the last 3 months.

So, why did they take taxes out and what should I do?

Thanks

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I have tax form 3922

This is an issue you should bring up with your Employer's ESPP or Benefits Coordinator.

Taxes are usually withheld when shares are sold and the proceeds distributed, so it's unusual that the fiduciary would withdraw stock shares and funds to pay taxes.

@Jim-H

I have tax form 3922

Thank you Irene for your response.  

I did what suggested and asked our W2 folks at corporate and this was the response:

Per the IRS we have to withhold taxes when you receive shares, even if you do not sell them.  It is considered taxable income.  Unfortunately we are still in a black out period so you are not allowed to sell them.  I understand your frustration because you can’t sell them and that they are considered income, but we are in compliance with IRS regulations.

Yes, this is frustrating!  ha

@Irene2805 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies