turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do i do if i enter the wrong ein for my school on my taax return instead i entered my tin what should i do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

What do i do if i enter the wrong ein for my school on my taax return instead i entered my tin what should i do

If you haven't filed yet, go back and change it. If it was on the 1098-T, type   1098-T   into the search box and then click the "Jump to 1098-T" link. 

If you have filed, let the the return process. It won't affect your tax liability. The IRS may correct the error, or you may get a letter from the IRS asking about it. More than likely the IRS will correct it. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

If you haven't filed yet, go back and change it. If it was on the 1098-T, type   1098-T   into the search box and then click the "Jump to 1098-T" link. 

If you have filed, let the the return process. It won't affect your tax liability. The IRS may correct the error, or you may get a letter from the IRS asking about it. More than likely the IRS will correct it. 

omg thank you soooooo much for this omg thank you i wish i could hug you right now i was so worried
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for using TurboTax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies