Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

katierne

Turbo Tax says I need entry for a 1099-Misc from a "settlement." Do not have a 1099-Misc from a settlement, though I did last year. Why is Turbo Tax saying I need this?

I'm wondering why Turbo Tax asks for this entry.  Is it looking at Federal records and knows I should have a 1099-Misc, or is it based on my last year's return when I did have a 1099-Misc for a settlement?  If it looks at Federal records, then I need to find this 1099-Misc and I have no idea how to go about this process.  Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TravisC

Turbo Tax says I need entry for a 1099-Misc from a "settlement." Do not have a 1099-Misc from a settlement, though I did last year. Why is Turbo Tax saying I need this?

If you have used TurboTax in the past then it will prompt you about items it found in the previous year's return. If this item does not apply this year you can simply answer that it does not apply or delete the form if it has already been added this year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TravisC

If you have used TurboTax in the past then it will prompt you about items it found in the previous year's return. If this item does not apply this year you can simply answer that it does not apply or delete the form if it has already been added this year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies