turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slyp85

Can I still use the free turbo tax when I also used an IRA to pay bills? Plus I have a job.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Can I still use the free turbo tax when I also used an IRA to pay bills? Plus I have a job.

If you have a W-2 job, with the withdrawal from IRA, you would need TurboTax Deluxe edition.  If you work as an independent contractor with a 1099 MISC, you might need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed edition if you have any expenses that you want to claim.  Start entering the information from the free edition, the program will guide you through and prompt you to the upgrade whichever you need. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

If you have a W-2 job, with the withdrawal from IRA, you would need TurboTax Deluxe edition.  If you work as an independent contractor with a 1099 MISC, you might need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed edition if you have any expenses that you want to claim.  Start entering the information from the free edition, the program will guide you through and prompt you to the upgrade whichever you need. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies