turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

b_mcqu05

If there is no federal tax amount withdrawn on my w2 from my second job, what should i do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If there is no federal tax amount withdrawn on my w2 from my second job, what should i do?

for 2020 if your w-2 shows no withholding and that's consistent with your paystubs there is noting that can be done.  for 2021, talk to your employer.  you may have made an error in completing form w-4 which determines your wirhholding.

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

You can't do anything now. Just prepare your income tax return. Hopefully, the amount you had withheld from your first W-2 will cover the taxes for your second W-2.

By the way, your employer did not make an error not withholding taxes from your second W-2. It just means that, based on what you made and what you authorized them to withheld (per your form W-4), no taxes needed to be withheld from that income. 

TurboTax could help you complete a new W-4 form. See How do I update my 2020 withholdings and print a new W-4?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies