How do I update my 2019 withholdings and print a n... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.156 helpful votes

How do I update my 2019 withholdings and print a new W-4?

If you haven't filed your 2018 return yet, use the power of TurboTax to generate a new W-4 form. The W-4 calculations in your program are up to date with current tax rates.

Already filed your 2018 return? Use our online W-4 Withholding Calculator at TurboTax.com instead.

Here's how to generate and print a new W-4 using TurboTax. We recommend having your most recent pay stub handy:

1. Open your 2018 return in TurboTax, if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for W4 and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2019?
  4. The following screens will ask you for your filing status, number of dependents, expected income, deductions, and other factors. Answer the questions as best you can for the most accurate result.
  5. You'll eventually come to Print Form W-4 Results. Select the button(s) to print your W-4 form(s).
  6. Print (or make) a second copy for your records and give the original to your payroll department. Do not file the W-4 with your tax return.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in