How do I update my 2020 withholdings and print a n... - Community `

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

How do I update my 2020 withholdings and print a new W-4?

If you haven't filed your 2019 return yet, use the power of TurboTax to generate a new W-4 form. The W-4 calculations in your program are up to date with current tax rates.

Already filed your 2019 return? Use our online W-4 Withholding Calculator at TurboTax.com instead.

Here's how to generate and print a new W-4 using TurboTax. We recommend having your most recent pay stub handy:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for W4 and select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer Yes to Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2020?
  4. The following screens will ask you for your filing status, number of dependents, expected income, deductions, and other factors. Answer the questions as best you can for the most accurate result.
  5. You'll eventually come to Print Form W-4 Results. Select the button(s) to print your W-4 form(s).
  6. Print (or make) a second copy for your records and give the original to your payroll department. Do not file the W-4 with your tax return.

TurboTax_Withholdings101_TY19.png

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post