Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need a separate schedule C for the 2 different companies I did side jobs for?

Form wants the EIN#/address but was 2 different companies.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Do I need a separate schedule C for the 2 different companies I did side jobs for?

If the work that you did for the two companies was similar in nature, then you can report them both on a single Schedule C.  For example, if you did web design for two different companies you would use only one Schedule C.

When you are entering the basic information on the Schedule C, the EIN and address it is asking for is the EIN and address for your business, not the companies who paid you for the self-employment work that you performed.  If you received a Form 1099-MISC from the companies who paid you, then their information is reported on the Form 1099-MISC, but not directly on the Schedule C.  If you do not have an EIN for your Schedule C business, then leave it blank -- it is not required for everyone who files a Schedule C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

If the work that you did for the two companies was similar in nature, then you can report them both on a single Schedule C.  For example, if you did web design for two different companies you would use only one Schedule C.

When you are entering the basic information on the Schedule C, the EIN and address it is asking for is the EIN and address for your business, not the companies who paid you for the self-employment work that you performed.  If you received a Form 1099-MISC from the companies who paid you, then their information is reported on the Form 1099-MISC, but not directly on the Schedule C.  If you do not have an EIN for your Schedule C business, then leave it blank -- it is not required for everyone who files a Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies