Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If the business is in my name but all but one of the 1099 misc are made out to my husbands signature who do i file it under?

*husbands social
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

If the business is in my name but all but one of the 1099 misc are made out to my husbands signature who do i file it under?

You should enter it under your spouse.

When you first enter business information under Self-employment income and expenses, TurboTax will ask you Who did this work or owned this business?

If your spouse did the work, you should indicate that it is his business.  This is because Self Employment tax has to be credited to an individual.

If you and your spouse own a business together, you’ll need to split your business income and expenses between the two of you according to ownership percentages, as if they were two separate businesses.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Could you please clarify just a bit.  You say the business is in your name.  I assume that means you are the only owner?   And, if your company generated 1099's for any and all of those who provided services to your company, you should only need to generate one 1099 to his name (unless he did these services for your company using several different companies that he may own).  

Further, assuming that I have the basic facts straight  per above, the 1099's that your company generated typically don't need to be "signed" by anyone.  But they do need to clearly show your company's name on each one generated, of course along with the name, social, address, amount, etc. for the non-employee (1099) workers.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies