Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spop

If taxable income is $93,198. According to my calculations tax liability should be $12,383. Turbotax is showing tax liability as $12,378. Is this calculation wrong?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If taxable income is $93,198. According to my calculations tax liability should be $12,383. Turbotax is showing tax liability as $12,378. Is this calculation wrong?

If your taxable income is $93,198 and you are filing as Married Filing Jointly, the Form 1040 tax tables shown that the tax liability should be $12,378 - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf#page=78

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If your taxable income is $93,198 and you are filing as Married Filing Jointly, the Form 1040 tax tables shown that the tax liability should be $12,378 - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf#page=78

The answer is correct.  The calculation is correct.  If your taxable income is $93,198 as you wrote in your query, then the taxes on that amount if you are filing as Married Filing Jointly is $12,378.
Or are you saying the IRS tax tables are incorrect?
Adding screenshot to the answer provided for the tax table.

Sorry, I thought I saw that you marked the answer as unhelpful
spop

Thank you for the assistance. I was calculating using the IRS tax brackets and not the IRS tax tables.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies