turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My daughter lived with me all year. Went to college partite and didn't pay towards living expenses. She is 24.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

My daughter lived with me all year. Went to college partite and didn't pay towards living expenses. She is 24.

If she was 23 on 12/31/19, then you must meet the requirements under a qualifying child in order to claim her as a dependent. If she was 24 on 12/31/19, then you must meet the requirements under a qualifying relative in order to claim her as a dependent. Please view the requirements in the Turbo Tax FAQ below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Family/Rules-for-Claiming-a-Dependent-on-Your-Tax-Ret...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

If she was 23 on 12/31/19, then you must meet the requirements under a qualifying child in order to claim her as a dependent. If she was 24 on 12/31/19, then you must meet the requirements under a qualifying relative in order to claim her as a dependent. Please view the requirements in the Turbo Tax FAQ below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Family/Rules-for-Claiming-a-Dependent-on-Your-Tax-Ret...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies